Shaw Academy LLC Website Privacy Statement
Shaw Academy services, including (without limitation) our website and other interactive properties through which the services are delivered (collectively, the “Service”) are owned, operated and distributed by Shaw Academy LLC (referred to in this Privacy Statement as “Shaw Academy” or “we” and through similar words such as “us,” “our,” etc.).
Shaw Academy is committed to protecting your privacy and takes its responsibility regarding the security of customer information very seriously. Our website Privacy Statement sets out what information we collect, how we collect it, what we do with it and how we protect this information. Any personal information is collected and processed in accordance with the data protection laws in the jurisdictions in which we operate (e.g. United States (“US”) and European Union (“EU”)).
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information (also commonly known as personally identifiable information (PII) or personal data) is information that can be used to identify you, or any other individual to whom the information may relate. The categories of personal information that Shaw Academy may collect in the course of our relationship with you is described below.
Information you provide to us:In order to facilitate the provision of education, we collect personal details from you together with information we learn about you from your use of our website. These details may include (where applicable)
- Name and contact information (e.g., address, telephone number, e-mail);
- Billing information (e.g. credit/debit card, other payment details, billing contact information)
- Account information (e.g. personal goals, account profile photos, ratings, webinar chat);
- Information contained in posts you may make on the public forums and interactive features of the Service;
- Other information that may be exchanged in the course of engaging with the Service. You will be aware of any subsequently collected information because it will come directly from you.
Information we collect automatically: We collect information about you and your use of our service, your interactions with us and our advertising, as well as information regarding your computer or other device used to access our service (such as smart TVs, gaming systems and mobile devices). This information includes:
- your activity on the Service, such as course selections and attendance/watch history;
- your interactions with our email, webinar chat, push and text messaging;
- details of your interactions with Customer Service, such as the date, time and reason for contacting us, transcripts of any chat conversations, and if you call us, your phone number and call recordings;
- IP address, device IDs, or other unique identifiers;
- advertising identifiers, such as those on mobile devices, tablets, and streaming media devices that include such identifiers (see the “Cookies and Internet Advertising” section below for more information);
- device and software characteristics (such as type and configuration), connection information, statistics on page views, referring source (for example, referral URLs), IP address (which may tell us your general location), browser and standard web server log information;
To provide location-based services we may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your computer or device through GPS, Bluetooth, and your IP address, along with crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspot and cell tower locations. This location data is collected anonymously, unless you provide consent. You may withdraw consent to Shaw Academy and our partners’ collection, use, transmission, processing and maintenance of location and account data at any time by not using the location-based features and turning off the Location Services settings (as applicable) on your device and computer.