In 2020, every business, service or even an individual can have a website of their own. A website helps to showcase the information about your brand, products, services or your portfolio that is easy for anyone to access. But you don’t need to be a high-functioning intellectual to learn web design! A web design tutorial can help you figure out all the technical aspects of building and designing a website.
Learning web design is now effortless thanks to the many web design tutorials and online courses available for beginners. Knowing how to build and design a website from scratch is not just something that can benefit you; you can also make a career in the field. Web design tutorials and even website designers are in huge demand nowadays, thanks to the massive competition in the market.
If you are looking for web design tutorials to build a website for yourself or your business, here is a step-by-step guide to help you out.
Determine Why You Want a Website
Before you start learning web design, it is crucial to plan your site and focus on the key areas why you want one. While most web design tutorials begin with how to build a website, it is essential first to determine the fundamentals of your website. Ask yourself a few basic questions like:
- Why do you want to create a website? Is it purely promotional, or do you want your website to generate leads?
- Do you wish to sell products or services to your customers? If yes, can the sale be made directly off the website or does it need human intervention? Should your website support payment options?
- Who is the target audience for your products or services?
- What are the critical challenges of your audience? How can you solve this?
As you progress, you will have a clear idea of what you want to achieve with your website. Most web design tutorials speak about strategy but doing it in the early stages will help significantly to define the goals of your website plan.
Select Your Domain Name
The next step of the web design tutorial is selecting your domain name. The domain name is the address of the site which the users can input to find information about you or your brand. To register your domain name, you can choose from a hosting tool or a domain registry. When selecting a domain name, most web design tutorials suggest a few tips like:
- Choose a name and extension appropriate to your needs: Don’t just choose a domain name that is unique to what you do, also make sure the extension is appropriate. You can now choose from a variety of extensions like .in, .com, .biz, .org, .ai, and more.
- Keep it simple: Ensure your domain name is unique but also easy to remember. It should stick to people’s mind, and many suggest using a shorter domain name to make it easier to recall.
- Use relevant keywords: Domain name is also an opportunity to incorporate keywords that will enhance your overall SEO process. So select a domain name that is relevant to your keyword strategy.
Additionally, make sure you have the additional enhancements in place that will make your website credible, e.g. websites nowadays need to have the SSL certificate (Https) to be ranked higher and marked as safe in most browsers.
Choose a Web Hosting Tool
A web hosting tool is a company that provides the server and storage space that your site needs to provide online access. To start, you need to sign up for a web host and select a plan that is well suited for your needs. Many web hosts also provide domain registration and have a site builder to make the process easy.
Learning Web Design Made Easy
Click here to enrol for the best online website design course today!