Exercising isn’t just an activity; it’s a way of life for most people. They love working out and spending time at the gym as it gives them a feeling of refreshment and satisfaction. However, we are now forced to stay inside amidst the recent coronavirus outbreak. As a result, we are not allowed to go outside for a jog or spend time at our favourite gyms.
In response, you can continue to stay fit and healthy with an effective home workout plan. This can help both gym enthusiasts and those who wish to stay healthy.
Staying at home for an indefinite period can easily make a person lethargic and unhealthy. This is why it is important to adopt a home workout in your daily schedule. Go through the following section to learn some easy exercises that you can do without any gym equipment.
Best Exercises for Home Workout during Quarantine
Before starting any home workout, it is important to warm your body up for exercise. This will help you get the initial energy to do the rest of the exercises given below. For this, simply get up and march on the spot for about 60 seconds.
Thereafter, go through the following section to learn about the best exercises and how to do them effectively. The following exercises at home aim to give you a full-body workout.
The bridge is a bodyweight exercise that will help to strengthen your core and hamstrings. This at-home workout improves posture, largely thanks to its focus on the lower back and hip. The bridge is also one of the easiest exercises for beginners.
- Put a yoga mat or any piece of cloth on the floor. Lie on your back while facing the ceiling.
- Next, position your feet flat and extend your arms by your side.
- Raise your bottom until your hips are fully widened by squeezing your upper glutes.
Return to the starting position slowly and repeat. Perform this exercise in sets of 2 with 10 repetitions. After that, rest for at least 1 minute.
This home workout isused primarily for the core and arms. By including the knee push-up as part of your workout plans at home, you will be able to improve your standard push-up position.
- Start from the standard push-up position but, instead of your feet, place your knees on the floor.
- Your feet should be slightly lifted from your knees.
- Then, bend your elbows up and down like normal push-ups while maintaining a straight position from your head to the knees.
Repeat this exercise in sets of 2 with 16 repetitions. Take some rest for 1 minute.
Squats are another home workout idea that strengthens your core and balance. Moreover, doing this lower bodyweight exercise at home is good for toning your gluteus maximus.
- Widen your feet parallel to your shoulder and extend your arms in front of you.
- Bend your knees and your hips slightly and then do the traditional squat position.
- Push up using your heels and repeat.
Keep doing this home workout in sets of 2 with 20 repetitions and then rest for 1 minute as before.
Straight-Leg Donkey Kicks
Donkey kicks are an amazing exercise that should be added to your workout plans at home. This helps in building your glutes and core, as well as engaging your quad muscles.
- Place your knees and your palms on the floor and keep your back straight.
- Imagine you’re kicking something with one leg and push your right leg in a straight position.
- Return to the start position and repeat.
Perform this home workout for both legs with 10 repetitions each.
For an easy exercise at home, go for planks. Planks are a great exercise for core strengthening, especially if you’re seeking a challenge. Moreover, you can try several variations of this home workout to suit your fitness needs.
- Lie on the ground in a push-up position.
- Next, balance your body on your elbows.
- Finally, hold this position for about 30 seconds.
You can attempt planks in intervals and in between other exercises. Hold the position for 30 seconds and slowly try to increase it to a full minute.
Side-Lying Hip Abduction
With the side-lying hip-abduction, you can strengthen your hips in a few simple steps. Including this exercise in your home workout can also help to cut lower belly and side belly fats.
- Lie on the floor on your left side and extend your legs in a straight position.
- Lift your right leg, but don’t open up too much of your leg by straining your hips.
- Return to the starting position and repeat.
Perform this exercise on either side with 10 repetitions each.
Crunches are another important exercise for your abs that should be added to your home workout. Not, of course, to be confused with squats, doing crunches is one of the most effective bodyweight exercises to strengthen your body core.
- Lie on the floor and rest on your back. Ensure that your knees are bent, and feet are touching the floor.
- Put your hands behind your head and then lift both your chest and your legs slightly but leave a gap between them.
- Go back to the starting position and repeat.
Do this exercise for 15 repetitions and rest for at least one minute.
If you’re looking for a home workout with a focus on glutes, stationary lunges might be of interest to you. This lower bodyweight exercise also provides strength to your calves and improves balance.
- Stand up straight and split your right leg behind with your left leg forward. It should look like you’re preparing to run.
- Place your hands on your hips. Bend your right leg, leaving a little gap between the floor and the knee.
- Subsequently, switch your legs and do the same.
You can do this exercise for 20 repetitions before taking a break of one minute.
To conclude, bodyweight exercises are a great way to start your day and get the blood pumping in your body. Exercising at home can be a difficult process to start but is highly rewarding.
Signing up for the online course at Shaw Academy can be useful for a variety of reasons. The fitness course is highly concerned with weight management, body shape, and the right way to exercise at home. It also teaches you how to maintain a healthy diet. Exploring their various workout plans at home can help you save on gym membership costs and allot time for your home workout.
Take hold of your home workouts today and sign up!