WHY BREAKFAST IS IMPORTANT?
Are you the one rushing out of the door in the morning without eating anything …
If yes, it turns out you are doing wrong!!
In past years, more and more scientific discoveries and researches have revealed the importance of breakfast on health. Breakfast – The first meal in the morning has a distinctive role for the entire day. Food consumed during breakfast not only helps in the glucose metabolism, but it also keeps a check on blood sugar level in your body. The meal you consume during breakfast helps in breaking the fast from last night dinner to the next morning. This is the only meal which breaks the longest gap of food consumption. Prolonged fasting may lead to food craving and you will fill yourself more than required to satisfy your hunger. This excess food intake later results in the sudden rise of blood glucose level, and can lead to serious health problems.
Knowing the importance of breakfast meal is essential, for a healthy beginning of the day. Nutrition experts say, the practice of consuming breakfast within 2 hours of waking up is best. It helps you feel good and makes you refreshed entire day. It also keeps the sugar level in control and let the glucose pass into the cells for generation of energy, the energy produced is required by our body to carry on various functions.
Now, since you all know the importance of breakfast, try to add a wholesome bowl of nutrients for your morning bite. Remember your breakfast meal should combine good carbs, good fibres with the addition of some proteins.
After knowing the importance of breakfast meal, the main question popping up in every brain right now is…
WHAT ARE HEALTHY AND READY TO MAKE FOODS FOR BREAKFAST?
Well, here is a list of food you can have in the morning for a well-nourished beginning of the day.
1) Whole wheat bread– Consumption of carbohydrate is important, but the type of carbohydrate you are eating plays a major role in the diet. Whole grains are best for health. Consuming bread made of whole wheat is beneficial for your body. There are a variety of other breakfast cereals available in the market made up of whole grain like muffins, crackers, toast, rusk etc. try to add them in your breakfast. They are healthy as well as providing bulk in the diet.
2) Eggs- They are filled with protein. Recent studies have shown that eggs do not contribute in elevating the cholesterol level, rather the protein present in it holds high biological value. Have it them boiled or make an omelette or a half fry with some added vegetables, eggs are good in all ways. Poached egg with stir fry vegetables is one best breakfast recipe.
3) Milk- You all must have heard about the saying Milk is a complete food, milk not only gives you calcium, but it also provides phosphorous, magnesium, protein and vitamin B12. The plenty of carbohydrates, lipids (fat) present in milk makes it complete. A glass of milk in the breakfast with 2 slices of whole wheat bread can be a whole some meal. For those who don’t like milk, Greek yogurt is a healthy approach to include milk in the diet. This tangy, creamy form of milk is amazing in taste and totally filled with nutrients.
4) Banana- We call banana as a wonder They are a good source of resistance starch and are filled with healthy carbs. Potassium presents in banana help natural lowering of the blood pressure. Slice it, blend it or add them in your cereal bowl bananas are good in all way.
5) Oats- Oats are full of micro nutrients. They contain a good amount of potassium and folate. They are rich in omega-3 fatty acid. Several studies have shown the content of beta- glucan in oats. Continuous consumption of Beta- glucan (a type of fibre) helps in lowering the cholesterol level. Try to consume plain oats with the addition of almond flakes and fruits. Raisins or honey can be added to get the sweet taste.
6) Cereals- These days’ markets are flooded with a variety of cereals- Corn flakes, all bran cereals, muesli to name some. Try to opt for cereals with no flavour added, unsweetened one. Make it healthy and flavorous by adding honey, nuts and fruits according to your taste.
If in all these years you were not concerned about your breakfast, now is the time when you need to think about it. Try to opt for healthy life style. Set a schedule for every day. Eat right to live healthily. Don’t skip meals .
Stay happy Stay fit!!
Looking to enhance your knowledge of nutrition? Join our top-rated professional diploma in nutrition today!