7 Homemade Mysteries for A More Beautiful You
We all agree that beauty comes from within, but can you imagine a beauty secret coming from your own refrigerator or kitchen? Some of the best beauty consultants or therapists boast of their natural ingredients, however, it is equally convenient for you to make those secret recipes with all the natural ingredients available at home.
In today’s busy and hectic life schedule, we often tend to ignore our basic skincare necessities. Reason being that we fail to consult a beautician or are concerned with the sky-high prices of the best available cosmetics. Fret not. Homemade recipes or skincare formulas are the perfect solution to your needs. You get complete control over the ingredients, and accordingly you can customise them to your needs and reduce the chemical build-up in your body. Such natural items are believed to be rich sources of antioxidants and comparatively less expensive than the artificial cosmetics.
So, let’s get started. We will take you through some of the best secret beauty formulas for a more beautiful you. Getting gorgeous has never been easier and from the comfort of your home.
The best natural ingredients
Natural ingredients not only save our skin from multiple harmful agents, but also protect our entire body from excess intoxication. There are numerous toxic preservatives like parabens that are commonly found in facial and personal care products. They are more likely to damage skin tissues and disrupt the functioning of our endocrine system. To combat these negative results, it is essential that we adapt natural elements in our skincare routine. Here is a list of some commonly found household items that can enrich your skin and body.
Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is believed to have a moisturising and antioxidant effect on your skin. It promotes cell growth and heals damaged skin, thereby leaving behind a fresh and healthy look. It can cater to multiple purposes like:
- An overnight treatment for knees and feet elbows.
- Nourishment of your hair and body.
- Nourishing body treatment when applied before bath.
- Highly effective in balancing dehydration or fine lines when mixed with honey.
- Works for foot treatment and a gentle eye make-up remover.
- Acts as body scrub when mixed with sugar for removing dead cells.
Honey: This is one of the best natural moisturisers when it comes to acne skin. It’s anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory property makes honey a best fit for hair treatment, bath soaking, cuticle cream and sunburn treatment.
Essential Oils: Essential oils not only help remedy skin but also have an effect on your mood and increase the pampering effect of homemade treatments. Oils like Ylang Ylang, Tea Tree, Rose Hip Seed Oil, Lavender and Lemongrass are known to rejuvenate your skin and soothe your soul.
Sugar: Although not recommended for excess consumption, sugar works as a great exfoliant. Choose brown granulated sugar for more gentle exfoliation to prevent tears on the skin.
Food: Different food items like green tea, Greek yogurt, avocado, fruits, oatmeal, oils, eggs and baking soda have extraordinary paybacks. They are rich sources of vitamins and other nutrients and have a brightening and revitalising effect on your skin.
In our endeavour to look beautiful and gain a flawless complexion, we often tend to ignore the significance of homemade products. Here is a list of beauty tips for getting that bright and radiant look at home.
- If you have oily skin, here is a simple and quick way to get rid of blemishes. Make a smooth paste from the following ingredients, rub it on your skin, cover your eyes with cucumber and let it soak in for a while. You are likely to experience a soothing and anti- inflammatory effect on your skin.
- White vinegar – 1 spoon
- Honey – 1 teaspoon
- Lemon – 1 teaspoon
- Ground oatmeal – 3 tablespoons
- Milk or Eggs – as needed
- For acne skin, turmeric can prove to be a highly effective healing agent due to its anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory functions. Apply a mix of the listed items on your face and let it revive the glow on your face.
- 1 tbsp. Honey
- 1 tbsp. Aloe Vera
- 1 tbsp. Turmeric
- Home Foot Soak Recipe: Here is your chance to experience a home-based foot spa. A mix of the following items are likely to work the magic for your feet instantly.
- ½ cup of Epsom Salt to draw out the toxins
- 2 drops of Lavender Oil
- 2 drops of Tea Tree
- 2 drops of Ylang Ylang
- 4 drops of Almond Essential Oil
- Foot and Body Scrub: The best way to exfoliate your feet and body is to mix brown sugar with certain carrier oils (like almond oil or olive oil) until you get the desired consistency, add essential oil drops and store in a jar or container for future use.
- Soothing Peppermint Scrub: 1 cup of granulated sugar, coconut oil and 10 drops of peppermint essential oil.
- Refreshing Lemon Scrub: 2 cups of sugar, ¼ cup of almond oil and 10 drops of lemon essential oil.
- Lip Scrub: We all desire super smooth lips to achieve that perfect look after applying a lipstick. A blend of coconut oil and honey in equal measure coupled with brown sugar can deliver soft and charming lips.
- Homemade Mascara: This is something that is likely to excite most of you. A quick and cost-effective way to make mascara at home would be to melt the listed items on low heat. Stir in 1-2 capsules of activated charcoal until its smoothly mixed and use a syringe to put it into a clean mascara tube.
- 2 tbsp. of Coconut Oil
- 4 tbsp. Aloe Vera Gel
- ½ to 1 tbsp. Grated Bees Wax
- Homemade Eyeliner: The basic regular need of a woman – eyeliner – can be effortlessly made at home using a mixture of the following components.
- 4 capsules of Activated Charcoal for black colour
- 1/4 tbsp. of Cocoa Powder for brown colour
- Filtered water